At Shake Guys, we pride ourselves on being masters of all home restoration services. Taking on asphalt roofing is simply a return to our original area of expertise. We were plainly a cedar shake expert for 5 years before adding asphalt to the lineup by public request. It goes without saying in the roofing industry, if you can install cedar you can install anything to perfection.
Asphalt Shingles of Choice
While Shake Guys is ready to accommodate its clients wishes we still highly recommend GAF roofing products. Why? GAF has the best products with the best track record. There are plenty of other reasons why one should start with North America’s #1 shingle manufacturer:
- The Timberline series is the bestselling shingle ever.
- There are more colors and series than any other manufacturer.
- The 50-year lifetime warranty on their high definition shingles is perhaps the most legitimate available.
- Most of GAF’s designer series offer added insulation value, strength, and beauty.
- GAF has earned more awards for excellence than any other asphalt shingle manufacturer.
- GAF makes all other needed parts for a complete roofing system which adds to the long-lasting lifespan one should expect from their roof.
What is the turnaround time on an Asphalt roof?
Speed is one of the most crucial factors people consider when hiring a roofer. There are many steps to installing a roof and the average roofing company with a crew of 2 or 3 roofers may take a whole week to complete a job on the average size roof. That’s a lot of racket! Shake guys applies the same size crew it uses for cedar shake projects to asphalt roofs. This means that there is a project manager, foreman, and no less than 4 craftsmen tackling a project.
Shake Guys will replace the asphalt roof on smaller to average size homes in one day in most circumstances. Only issues with the decking or weather interference will delay this other than random unknowns. Larger homes can expect 2-3 days of work with the 3rd day being a rarity due to unexpected forces.