Request an Inspection 847.278.2272
Fill out this form and we will contact you within the next 24 hours to set up a FREE Inspection & Consultation.
At Shake Guys, we know that every cedar roof is unique and comes with its own needs. Until we inspect a roof all we know are the basic facts that are provided. Roofs need various kinds of attention. Many times, when a homeowner asks for a new roof quote they assume that this is the route they must take. Upon inspection, it may turn out that a preservation treatment and nail-downs was all that was needed to maintain the roof for another 5+ years.
No matter what your needs are, starting with a professional roof exam and consultation is the best route to remedy the situation. Here are areas of concern that require a look by an expert:
- Recent storm damage. Large hail is the sworn enemy of older roofs. Wind can be an issue if there are other problems with your roofing system like cupping caused by improper ventilation or corroded fasteners. Our expertise with storm damage is second to none.
- Leak Repairs. Leaks can be tricky to isolate and often have nothing to do with the roofing product. However, the moisture that’s getting in can also be harming your cedar shakes.
- Preservation. It’s hard to know when to get a preservation treatment or even which kind to choose.
- Full Replacement. Maybe your 27-year-old roof is just fried. We can deliver the same look it once had or go for different style such as a staggered shake.
- Time for an Upgrade. Perhaps you have a composite shingle and want to know what switching to cedar entails. We can also change you to a synthetic shake or slate roofing system as well as genuine slate.
- Preventative Maintenance. We can assess you roof and make some spot repairs and take some preventative measures to keep your roof in top condition.
- Health Report. Perhaps you’re buying or just bought a home with a shake roof and want some facts and peace of mind.
- Emergency Repairs.
Posted on August 24th, 2017
Posted on August 01st, 2017
Posted on July 25th, 2017
Posted on July 10th, 2017