Please take part in this simple social quiz. We know our fans will be biased but please share it on Facebook!
(Link at the top of the page)
Each roof type has its own special benefits, drawbacks, price points, and aesthetic appeal. Cedar, for example, has its color change and maintenance concerns. We know it’s true that synthetic products are untested under lifetime use but they show promise – yet some feel that just look strange. Metal roofing has modern appeal but it really doesn’t fit into neighborhoods at all. 3-Tab asphalt shingles don’t last long but are the most inexpensive option while slate is the opposite. Whatever your reasons for choosing a favorite is we hope you factor in all points.
Recommended pointers for picking a favorite:
- Value for quality of product lifetime and aesthetic appeal.
- What looks best in pretty much any neighborhood under the sun?
- Gut favorite for any reason coupled with the reality.
- Price is important. Is a hefty chunk of your salary worth a slate roof?
- Are “green” (grass) roofs even viable yet?